I'm an experienced Web and UI Developer who likes to work with great teams and products.
- Web, Application, and Interface Development
- Design Systems, Pattern Libraries, and Design Ops support
- Interactive Prototyping, User Research, and Testing
- Web Performance Tuning and Monitoring
- Engineering Team Management, Process, and Growth
- Product Strategy, Roadmaps, and Planning
I have been working as a Web Developer specializing in Web Standards and client side development and processes since the late 90s. In this time I’ve worked in a variety of situations and roles ranging from prototyping and template building to building teams and working with designers, experience, and product teams. I also regularly consult on project development, planning, and mobile and responsive web design.
Partial Client List
- Automata Studios
- Working Not Working
- Critical Mass
- The Line
- Ogilvy & Mather
- The Barbarian Group
- The Chopping Block
- Studio, LLC
- Pearson Education / Peachpit
Writing, Editing, and Other Contributions
Technical Editor: Adaptive Web Design
Worked with author Aaron Gustafson and the team at New Riders on the second edition of this industry staple on building reliable, accessible, and well performing websites.
Author: The CSS Pocket Guide
Technical Editor: HTML and CSS: Visual QuickStart Guide
Worked with author Bruce Hyslop and the team at Peachpit Press on the 7th edition of this popular introduction to web development